Right… I thought the title could throw you off. Guess I was wrong on that one.
Anyway, I’m going to use this page to keep up on my promise in the very first post and tell you a wee bit about myself.
- I’m a complete quote nerd. I have a notepad file filled with hundreds of quotes that I’ve collected over the past few months (yes… months). “Quoting one is plagiarism. Quoting many is research.” See? Told you.
- I’m a pilot.
- I love to knit. I can knit pretty much anything that can be knit’d. Sweaters, scarves… some other stuff. I actually made a sweater while I was learning how to knit. I love the sweater. It’s wool. Wool is nice.
- If it was legally possible, I would marry my iPod. That’s how important music is to me. Because it’s legally impossible to marry my iPod, I keep it physically attached to me at pretty much all times. I love my iPod. It’s pretty obvious. I think it scares people.
- As for what genres of music I like, there’s really no one genre that I’m hooked on. I like a bit of everything (except country, rap, and whatever genre Michael Jackson is)… jazz, old stuff, metal, alternative… British stuff, yeah. I’ve a bunch of favorite bands… and listing them here would take forever. So I won’t do it.
- If you haven’t noticed yet, I’m not quite in my right mind. Well, if you really want to get anatomical, I’m left-handed. Therefore, I am in my right mind! So I suppose I have a 1-up on the world. Boo yah. Woot for 1-ups!
- My friend is trying to teach me Japanese. She’s doing a good job. I love my friends. They’re the shit.
- I like to watch movies that the average person would retch at. Movies that make no sense whatsoever. Such as Airplane!, Monty Python (any and all), Napoleon Dynamite, Office Space… <Insert retch-inducing movie title here>
- Books are pretty awesome. I built a bookshelf. I needed something to put all of my flying stuff on. I once had a carpet made out of Flying Magazines. But my bookshelf took care of that. I love my bookshelf. My books love my bookshelf, too.
- Enough about my stupid bookshelf. I love to read anything that has dust on it. Mainly airplane books and science books. I recently read “A Short History of Nearly Everything” which is a big oxymoron. It’s more like “A Short An Absurdly Long History of Nearly Everything You Never Gave a Damn About”. But it was a really good book. I also love to read books that middle-aged people like to read, such as books on poverty, economics, world history… yeah.
- When it comes to technology, I’m easily fascinated with anything that beeps, flashes, or has lots and lots of buttons. I hate love computers. I have a Dell Dimension 3000 with an NVidia GeForce 5200 128 meg graphics card that I put in it myself. Laugh at me and I’ll smack you. Let’s put it this way – if I had to live without a computer, I could probably make it. Probably.
- I always see the glass as half full, even if it’s smashed to pieces on the floor. Yes, call me the everlasting optimist. With a bit of gorilla glue, you can always put things back together. Or duct tape. That works too.
- Sometimes I’m an insomniac (it’s 12:05 in the morning on a school night). Whenever I can’t sleep, I usually stay up doing lame surveys on myspace or writing. Taa-daa.
- Contrary to popular belief, I have absolutely no clue what I want to do with my life. Yeah, I’m only a sophomore junior in high school sophomore in college. But time goes by way too quickly. I remember my first day of 8th grade like it was yesterday. I’m thinking about something related to avionics. Screens with lots of buttons are cool. I’d probably be good at it. But I’m definitely going to do something with flying. If all else fails, I’ll be a science teacher. I’d probably be good at that too. *Shrug*
- Just to make this clear, I don’t always write like this. By “this”, I mean in an absurdly ridiculous way that makes me look like an idiot. I’m only trying to make this interesting. This is the best I can do at 12:15 in the morning. Yes, on a school night.
That should do it for now. If not, I’ll add more. Till then, I’m going to sleep. Goodnight.
And if you end up reading whatever I write on this silly blog, leave a comment saying so! Comments are nice.