This is it. I’m proud to announce that I’ve finally found the laptop that I’ve been looking for all these… couple of days. Ladies, gentlemen, and whoever else might be reading this, I present to you – the Dell Inspiron 1720. Complete with pretty much everything the Alienware m-5550 offered, and then some. Alas, let me allow the specs to speak for themselves.
- SYSTEM COLOR – Jet Black
- PROCESSOR – Intel® Core™ 2 Duo T7300 (2.0GHz/800Mhz FSB/4MB cache)
- OPERATING SYSTEM – Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium Edition
- DISPLAY – Anti-glare, widescreen 17.0 inch display (1440 x 900)
- VIDEO CARD – 256MB NVIDIA® GeForce® 8600M GT
- MEMORY – FREE! 2GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 at 667MHz
- HARD DRIVE – FREE! 160GB SATA Hard Drive (5400RPM)
- OPTICAL DRIVE – CD writer / DVD player (Combo Drive)
- WIRELESS NETWORK CARDS – Dell Wireless 1390 802.11g Mini-Card
- BATTERY OPTIONS – 85Whr Lithium Ion Battery (9 cell)
- SOUND OPTIONS – High Definition Audio 2.0
- COLOR COORDINATED BAGS – Jet/Cabernet Belkin 17″ Messenger Case
- NOTEBOOK ACCESSORIES – ComboSaver Combination Portable Notebook Security Lock
- And for the grand finale, the NC1000-B Notebook Cooler.
There you have it. That’s the cookie. Forget the Alienware… I can get this monster for around $400 less that that. Why? Mega savings. The free RAM, free hard drive… and $175 off just because it’s an Inspiron. All for a grand total of (including tax and accessories)…
Not too bad, eh? Heh heh heh. The only tricky part is the fact that all the free offers and whatnot expire on the 9th of this month. Therefore, this is pretty much a do-or-die decision. Kill or be killed. Shoot or be… well, you get the idea.
I guess it’s time to talk to grannie and get the precise amount of the order out of my bank account. How that’s going to work remains to be seen, but this is definitely an investment for the future. I’ll take wonderful care of it, and it’ll last eons. I’ve had nothing but great things to say about Dell, plus they’re the only computers that I’ll allow in my house. After all, we only have about four of them. Heh heh.
Oh, and about the color… we will no longer refer to it as “Jet” black. Granted I am an aviator, I am also a fan of James Bond. Plus I did admit in the last post that I liked how the XPS was named “Tuxedo” black. Therefore, the color of this Inspiron will now be known as… “Tuxedo-Jet” black.
Let the ordering begin…
And to anyone who has never read this blog before and is only reading this post… take five seconds to look around!! At least make the stay worthwhile. Ah, and if you’re a Stumbler, give the main page a thumbs-up, please? 😀